The Woogyman Spell is a spell written in the Warren Book of Shadows. It was created by Penny Halliwell when her granddaughters were just children and written in the book years later by Phoebe Halliwell.
The spell was created by Penny Halliwell when the Woogyman first appeared under the Halliwell Manor drawn by the Nexus. Her youngest granddaughter, Phoebe, witnessed her banishing it into the Nexus, and she later taught the spell to Phoebe and her sisters as a nursery rhyme.
The Woogyman Returns
In 1999, an earthquake made it possible for the Woogyman to escape its prison. He possessed the gasman before he managed to possess Phoebe. She soon became corrupted and slowly turned evil as the Woogyman's control increased. Phoebe eventually threw her sisters out of the manor but later lured them into the basement so the Woogyman could kill them.
However, as her sisters pleaded for her help, Phoebe had a premonition that reminded her of the night Grams banished the Woogyman and broke free of its evil. She remembered the rhyme and cast the spell to banish the Woogyman once more. She later added the spell in the Book of Shadows in case it came back in the future.
The Woogyman Unbanished
Half a year later, the demon Abraxas stole the Book of Shadows and started undoing the sisters' magic by reading their spells in reverse. This eventually brought back the Woogyman, who started suffocating Piper and Phoebe. However, the sisters remembered the spell and used it to banish the Woogyman again.
Cole taking over the Halliwell Manor
After the manor was completely overtaken by demons, Phoebe snuck in while pretending to be the shapeshifting demon Kaia. She confronted Cole in the basement as he took in the Shadow and used the spell to banish it, taking Cole and the demons with it. However, Cole was able to survive and reappeared moments later, as his powers made him invincible.
Years later, the demon Zankou took over the manor to gain access to the Nexus. However, with both The Charmed Ones and Zankou present, the Shadow could not decide between good and evil and entered the only neutral party, the mortal Leo. Using the powers of the Shadow, Leo vanquished all the demons and chased off Zankou. The sisters then cast this spell to banish the Shadow back into the Nexus.
When Zankou attempted to take in the Shadow again, the sisters used the spell to again banish the Shadow while casting it from Magic School. They later used another spell to destroy the Nexus and Zankou the moment he took it in.
- I am light
- I am one too strong to fight
- Return to dark where shadows dwell
- You can not have this Halliwell!
- So go away and leave my sight
- and take with you
- this endless night
Notes and Trivia
- In "The Importance of Being Phoebe" and later episodes, The Woogyman was referred to as the Shadow and was portrayed as being connected to the Nexus. The terms became intertwined, despite being separate entities.
- In "Scry Hard", a shorter version was used on Leo when he was possessed. The following sentence: "Return to dark where shadows dwell, you can not have this Halliwell!" was left out because Leo is not a Halliwell.
- Since the Nexus is destroyed in "Something Wicca This Way Goes...?", this spell is rendered useless.