The Bay Mirror is a major metropolitan newspaper in San Francisco, California. In early 2002, Phoebe Halliwell took over the column of an innocent she and her sisters saved, which launched her career as a successful advice columnist.
In 2002, Karen Young was a succesful column in the paper, though she had a difficult relationship with her boss Elise Rothman, who threatened to fire her if she missed a column. When Karen became infected with a demonic power, she became increasingly unstable and wanted to attack Elise. While her sisters took care of Karen, Phoebe Halliwell stepped in and wrote the column instead. After Karen was saved, she finally told Elise the truth and quit. Being impressed with Phoebe's column, Elise then hired her to replace Karen.
Over the following years, Phoebe's column became a huge success, though not without its ups and downs. Phoebe also formed warm relationships with many of her co-workers, particularly her boss Elise, who became a close personal friend. Phoebe dated the owner of the paper, Jason Dean for a period of time and later had a brief romance with the ghost writer of her column, Leslie St. Claire.
After the sisters faked their deaths, Phoebe shortly worked as her own replacement under the alias of her cousin, Julie Bennett. When the truth was revealed, Phoebe returned to the paper.
- Elise Rothman (Editor-in-chief)
- Richard Dillard
- Phoebe Halliwell (Advice Columnist)
- Sophie (Phoebe's Assistant)
- Mika (Publicist)
- Seth Perra (Journalist)
- Bauer (Columnist)
- Tom Taylor (Copy Editor)
- Richard Jéan (Image Consultant)
- Jordan (Fashion Editor)
- Phil (Film Critic)
- Michael (Style Editor)
- Kyle Donie (Reporter)
- Frank (Reporter)
- Bill (Reporter)
- Laura Robbins (Marketing)
- Movie Critic
- Kim (Assistant)
- Burns (Crime Reporter)
- Karen Young (Advice Columnist)
- Phoebe's Temporary Assistants
- Leslie St. Claire (Ghost Writer)
- Paige Matthews (Phoebe's Assistant)
Notes and Trivia
- The Bay Mirror is presumably based on the real life English paper, The Daily Mirror, which has a very similar design for it's name.