Shortly after the birth of Chris, Piper Halliwell and Leo Wyatt attend a Hindu wedding after being pressured into it by Phoebe and Paige since Leo was too consumed with revenge and Piper refused to leave the newly-born Chris.
At the wedding, shortly after their arrival, two bright lights- presumably the life-force of the two Gods- appeared and flew into them. Piper suddenly grew four extra arms and became the Hindu goddess Shakti of creation and fertility. Leo turned into the God Shiva- the Hindu god of destruction and chaos and the lover (symbolic) of Shakti. Later Paige removed the gods from them with a spell.
Powers and Abilities
As the God Shiva, Leo possessed many powers and abilities. He presumably also retained his Elder powers while possessed by the essence, as Piper still retained her wiccan powers.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with beings with the mind. Shiva possessed a powerful form of this power, as he was able to throw Inspector Sheridan across a room with high force and speed.
- Electrokinesis: The ability to manipulate electricity and shoot lightning bolts from his hands.
- Lightning Teleportation: A form of teleportation where the user transports in a flash of lightning.
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
- Immunity: The ability to be immune to certain powers, spells or potions.
- Invincibility: The ability to be invincible.
- (Book of Shadows text:)
Shakti / Shiva
- Shakti, the Hindu Goddess
- of Creation and Shiva,
- the God of Destruction
- are commonly invoked at
- weddings because they're
- reconsidered to be the
- Ultimate Lovers.
- Shakti, also called The
- Ultimate Mother, and
- Shiva, together created All
- Things, and if they
- consummate their love
- again, All Things will be
- obliterated and the
- Universe will be reborn.
Notes and Trivia
- The image of Shiva the Destroyer was famously evoked by J. Robert Oppenheimer in his description of his reaction to the successful atomic test for The Manhattan Project - "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds".
- Shiva is joined with Vishnu and Brahma in the cycle of life, death and rebirth that is creation, comprising the Trimurti or three forms of the Supreme Being in certain types of Hinduism.
Shiva appeared in a total of 1 episode over the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 7|
|#01||"A Call to Arms"||#09||"There's Something About Leo"||#17||"Scry Hard"|
|#02||"The Bare Witch Project"||#10||"Witchness Protection"||#18||"Little Box of Horrors"|
|#03||"Cheaper by the Coven"||#11||"Ordinary Witches"||#19||"Freaky Phoebe"|
|#04||"Charrrmed!"||#12||"Extreme Makeover: World Edition"||#20||"Imaginary Fiends"|
|#05||"Styx Feet Under"||#13||"Charmageddon"||#21||"Death Becomes Them"|
|#06||"Once in a Blue Moon"||#14||"Carpe Demon"||#22||"Something Wicca This Way Goes...?"|
|#07||"Someone to Witch Over Me"||#15||"Show Ghouls"|
|#08||"Charmed Noir"||#16||"The Seven Year Witch"|