Sh'tara's Flute belonged to Karen Ashley's Past Life, Sh'tara. After the Dor'chacht lost their battle to the Sol'agath, Shen'arch transferred Sh'tara's powers into the flute to hide her magic. Her reincated self, Karen, found the flute again and used it to steal Piper Halliwell's powers.
During the rejoined battle, Karen released her powers from the flute. The Charmed Ones then used the flute to drain Karen's magic into the instrument again, then cast a spell to return Piper's powers. After her powers were restored, Piper destroyed the flute, which also destroyed Karen's powers in the process.
To Contain Dor'chacht Magic
- Dark magics of the Dor'chacht clan,
- all powers that were yours return;
- course through the blood,
- flow from the land into these lifeless vessels burn.
To Transfer Magic
- Guh-sheen toh dak
To Restore Piper's Powers
- Laughing then and crying now, undo this mystic music curse;
- the Solagath command the flute, play Piper's powers in reverse.
Powers and Abilities
- Power Absorption: The ability to absorb the powers of other beings. The flute was made specifically to drain the powers of Piper Halliwell or Sh'tara.
- Power Containment: The ability to keep stolen powers within an artifact until released.
- Psychic Reflection: The ability to manipulate other's emotions. The flute affected Piper's mood each time it played a song that reflected certain emotions. This power was only effective after each power drainage.