Resurrection is the rare ability to either bring oneself or others back to life after being killed or vanquished. While resurrection is a power on its own, the process can also be accomplished through other means, including spells or rituals.
Resurrection is most often possessed by powerful beings, including the Avatars and the Crone. Some Alchemists possess this power, like Kierkan, while others can only control the dead. Lazarus Demons can resurrect themselves after being reduced to ashes, this is a natural process that can only be stopped by burying them in a cemetery.
Resurrection can also refer to the ability to reanimate deceased bodies as Undead. Those reanimated are not fully restored to life and are trapped between life and death. Zankou possessed this form of resurrection.
- Reality Warping, a power possessed by the Avatars, can resurrect someone by changing reality. Cole unintentionally resurrected the Seer and many other demons when he changed reality.
- Genies can revive the dead if their master makes a wish for someone to be alive again. As proven when Phoebe wished Prue back to life, and again when Richard Montana revived the Charmed Ones.
- Chronokinesis, the power to control time, allows the user to resurrect a person by rewinding it, as proven by Tempus, who resurrected Inspector Rodriguez twice, as did the Avatars to revive Leo along with the rest of the mortals they erased from existence.
List of beings who use(d) Resurrection
- Resurrecting Others
- Genies (Through the use of a wish)
- The Crone
- Alchemists (Through the use of a spell)
- The Tribunal
- Leo Wyatt (As an Avatar)
- Possessor Demon (Through the use of a spell)
- Feline Familiars (Due to possessing nine lives)
- Feline Familiar Warlocks (Due to possessing nine lives)
- The Necromancer (By feeding on spirits)
- The Triad (By becoming spirits before resurrection)
Notes and Trivia
- The Necromancer once stated that there was enough magic in the Halliwell line to resurrect both him and his lover (Penny Halliwell).
- The Triad and the Necromancer resurrected themselves through the help of their manifestation power, allowing them to remain as spirits and retain their powers.
- When Alchemists and Avatars use this ability, they emit a beam of light from their hands. In this form, this ability might resemble healing.
- Resurrection, in a sense, involves restoring the soul to the original body.
|The Resurrection article has a Photo Gallery.|