Possession is the ability to take control of living beings by entering their bodies.
Whether or not the host retains their memories while possessed is dependent on possessor. For example, temporary hosts to The Source of All Evil do not remember, while hosts possessed by spirits do remember their actions.
Freeing a host from possession can be achieved in several ways. A life essence can be driven out of a host by a dispossessing spell. A potion can also be used. Certain users can be expelled by force, such as an energy ball. However, not all users can be expelled and must leave their host voluntarily.
- As an evil essence, The Source of All Evil was able to possess a new host when vanquished.
- The Source's Heir was able to take control of his mother Phoebe Halliwell from the womb.
- Kali was able to possess Aviva, though she required Aviva to touch her mirror first. However, she was easily expelled when Piper froze her, causing her to leave Aviva's body when she did not freeze.
- Andras could possess other beings, but only if they were angry enough.
- The life essence Terra needed a host body to survive and possessed a businessman, Piper Halliwell and Leo Wyatt before being expelled.
- The ghost of George managed to escape his time loop temporarily and possess a man named Mike. The ghost of Count Roget later followed his example and temporarily possessed Drake dè Mon before being expelled by Phoebe.
- After being sprayed by Heremus's blood, Tyler Michaels becomes infected and gets possessed by several evils, transforming into them. The possessions include: Shax, Javna, Jeremy Burns, Abraxas, Barbas, Zankou, and Tuatha.
List of Users
- Original Power
- Through spell, potion, power stealing, etc.