This power was first seen used by the Titan Meta. She channeled her power through her eyes to petrify three Whitelighters, so that the Titans could steal the power of orbing to enter the Heavens. Her power only worked when the target looked directly into her eyes. Chris avoided her power by wearing tinted sunglasses.
Upon his arrival, Chris claimed that some of the ancient Greek statues in museums are really victims of petrification. The Charmed Ones are the only ones who've managed to reverse petrification by using a combination of a fairy's dust, a leprechaun's luck, a witch's potion and a dwarf's axe.
List of Users
- Original power
- Through spell, potion, power stealing, etc.
- Tuatha (A potion, only legs)
- Phoebe Halliwell (Through a spell)
- Prue Halliwell (After merging with the All)
- I call upon Medusa's bones,
- turn their flesh into stone.
Notes and Trivia
- This power originated from the mythology of the Gorgon Medusa, who had snakes for hair and could turn people to stone when they looked into her eyes. Phoebe called on Medusa's bones in her spell.
- A similar ability was used when Dantalian was able to petrify Zile by kissing him with a potion on her lips, which Zile was able to copy with Prue. The potion would paralyze the victim, who could only move their head before passing out.
- Tuatha once created a potion that turned Piper and Prue's feet to stone, making them unable to move off the ground they were on.