|For a complete plot of Oh My Goddess! Part 1, go here.|
|To read the full script of Oh My Goddess! Part 1, go here.|
At the risk of being seduced by their vast new powers, the Charmed Ones are transformed into gorgeous Greek Goddesses possessing the ultimate power to defeat a band of angry Greek mythic gods, the Titans.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
- Dorian Gregory as Darryl Morris
- Drew Fuller as Chris Halliwell
- Brian Thompson as Cronus
- Will Kempe as Demitrius
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Sandra Prosper as Sheila Morris
- Eyal Podell as Roland
- Michael Gilden as Finnegan
- Nick Kiriazis as Evan
- Lisa Thornhill as Meta
- Lee Arenberg as Unidentified Demon
- John Cothran Jr. as Cecil
- Danny Woodburn as Dwarf
- Niki Botelho as Elf Nanny
- Trey Alexander as Rick
- Damani Roberts as Michael Morris
- Channing Pourchot as Sara
The Book of Shadows
- In the days of Ancient Greece the Titans were
- God-like beings who ruthlessly ruled the earth.
- Like other magical beings their powers were tied
- to their emotions but on a much grander scale.
- A burst of Titan rage could spark a massive
- earthquake or a hurricane of epic proportions.
- The mortals of the era were terrified
- by these beings' abilities and worshiped them
- as Gods in the hopes of appeasing them.
- Ultimately the Titans could not be vanquished
- and the only way they could be stopped was
- by magically entombing them in ice, an act which
- brought an end to their terrible reign.
To Free the Titans
An unidentified Demon spent decades trying to find a way to free two Titans, Meta and Demitrius from their tombs. When they were freed, the Demon asked for their help to take over the Underworld, but Demitrius killed him with a lightning bolt.
- Emergo dormio libertas cæles dicio!
To Release the Essences of the Greek GoddessesAfter the Elders (in The Heavens) died, Chris convinced Leo to do something the Elders would've never allowed. He enterd the vault in the Upper Regions and took the vase which contained the Essences of the Greek Goddesses out. He cast this spell to unleash them on the Charmed Ones, turning them into the Goddesses of Love, War and Earth.
- Eccere, oh, gee,
- Ac mando ma mento.
- Paige made several strong potions to attack the Titans, however, they weren't strong enough.
- Phoebe made a potion that, combined with Fairy Dust, Luck and the Dwarf's pick, was strong enough to free Paige.
- Pyrokinesis: Used by Meta to start a fire, due to her anger.
- Electrokinesis: Used by Demitrius to vanquish the demon that freed him and Meta.
- Thermokinesis: Used by Demitrius to melt the snow on Cronus' tomb.
- Whirling: Type of Teleportation used by Meta and Demitrius.
- Atmokinesis: Used by Demitrius to start a thunderstorm with lightning bolts that destroyed Cronus' tomb.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Paige, Leo, Sara and Chris.
- Premonition: Phoebe got a Premonition of the Demon's ashes of the Demon freeing the Titans (and possibly saw him getting killed too).
- Petrification: Used by Meta to turn her victims into stone.
- Power Absorption: Used by Demitrius and Cronus to absorp the petrified Whitelighters' powers.
- Telekinesis: Used by Meta to fling Phoebe.
- Flight: Used by Fairies to fly.
- Hyper Speed: Used by Dwarfs to move faster.
- Fire Throwing: Used by Cronus to kill Meta.
- Fading: Type of Teleportation used by the Elf Nanny.
- Apportation: Used by the Elf Nanny to wrap Wyatt in a blanket.
- Luck Granting: Finnegan granted to luck to Paige (as a statue), hoping to free her.
- Trident - A formidable magical weapon owned by the Goddess of War capable of shooting lightning bolts.
Notes and Trivia
- The WB used promo title "Charmed Goddesses" for this episode.
- This episode marks Dorian Gregory's 50th episode as Darryl Morris.
- The Whitelighter language first heard in "Blinded by the Whitelighter" returns as background noise while Leo is in The Heavens.
- The male whitelighter who was turned into stone by Meta was a mold of Brad Kern.
- The vase which contains the essences of the Greek Goddesses was previously used in "Which Prue is It, Anyway?".
- Brian Thompson, who plays Cronus, also appeared in "Apocalypse, Not" as War, one of the Four Horsemen.
- Piper asks Paige "What are you going to do scry for Mother Nature and have a wiccan word with her" ironically becoming the Goddess of Earth at the end of Part 1.
- Joss Whedon admitted that he used the phrase "Oh My Goddess" from this episode in Buffy the Vampire Slayer's series finale "Chosen". Willow said this after releasing the essence of the Slayers from the scythe.
- This is the first appearance of Drew Fuller as Chris, though his true identity is not revealed until late season 6.
- Chris is the first adult male witch to appear, though this does not become apparent in the episode.
- Chris states in this episode that Paige was killed by the Titans in his timeline. However, this is later proven false after his real identity is revealed. It is likely this was part of his cover story to infiltrate the lives of the sisters.
- The Elf Nanny returns in this episode and refers to the events of "Sam, I Am". Piper states they rejected her as their nanny, but the Elf corrects her by saying she rejected them when a Darklighter followed Paige and Sam to the manor and attacked.
- This is the first two-part episode not to feature the shortened credits, instead the normal Season 5 opening credits are seen.
- This episode scored 4.9 million viewers.
- This is the second time Phoebe is a blonde.
- Phoebe mentions Mary Poppins, the famous 1964 Disney movie.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the phrase "Oh, my God!".
- The title could also make reference to the Japanese manga series Oh My Goddess!.
- When Paige is asking Phoebe what kind of beings she saw in her premonition, she points at a page in the Book of Shadows. When the shot then turns to Piper who had just walked in, you can see Paige was pointing to the To Call Upon Our Ancestors page.
- When Paige is turned to stone, her hair (as a statue) is first down and wavy. However, a moment later, the statue's hair is in a low ponytail, as it was before she was turned to stone.
- Phoebe and Piper mention that they have no air conditioning in the manor and never had, though in "Sight Unseen", Cole turned the manor's air conditioning on in order to flush out the invisible Troxa.
Behind the Scenes
- (Paige has been turned into a stone statue)
- Piper: Oh, my God! Tell me that's just a really good likeness of Paige...
- Phoebe: Wooah! Check out the size of that oracle's...Ball
- Piper: I swear to God if he does not come back with Leo, I'm gonna blow his ass back to the future. Orbs and all!
- Leo: I know. Look, I acknowledge that this is very difficult for you.
- Piper: You know what? Screw that, damn it! I'm just scared.
- French: Le choc des Titans - 1ère partie (The Clash of the Titans - 1st Part)
- Czech: Bitva s titány - 1. část (Clash of the Titans - Part 1)
- Slovak: Oh nebesá! 1. časť (Oh Heavens! Part 1)
- Russian: Кажется, Боги сошли с ума, Часть 1 [Kažetsja, Bodi sošli s uma, Čast′ 1] (It Seems, the Gods Have Become Angry, Part 1)
- Spanish (Spain): ¡Oh, mis diosas! (1ª parte) (Oh, My Goddesses! (1st Part))
- Spanish (Latin America): ¡Oh por Dios! - 1a parte (Oh For God! - 1st Part)
- Serbian: O moja Boginja! - 1. deo (Oh My Goddess! - Part 1)
- Italian: Oh, cielo! (Parte 1) (Oh, Heaven! (Part 1))
- German: Kampf der Titanen Teil 1 (Clash of the Titans Part 1)
- Hungarian: Isteni színjáték,1. rész (Divine Comedy, Part 1)
Necromancing the Stone
Oh My Goddess! Part 2
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: 9 - 10