Jane Franklin was a warlock with the power of pyrokinesis. She had desperately been trying to free her warlock lover, Malcolm, ever since he was trapped in a magical painting in the 1920s. The painting was cursed by a powerful witch named Nell.
Jane took the painting to Buckland Auction House posing as a distraught young woman who had inherited the painting. However, in truth they were trying to kill The Charmed Ones for their powers. She told Prue that it had been in her family for generations. It is unclear how Jane knew that was a witch, let alone a Charmed One. Jane pleaded with Prue to sell the painting at any price so she would no longer be haunted by the "man inside the painting".
Jane arrived at the manor to await Malcolm's return. After Malcolm was freed from the painting, he briefly fought Phoebe, then blinked outside and passionately kissed Jane. Malcolm then told Jane that he planned to give her Phoebe's premonition power, which she had always wanted, and take Prue and Piper's powers for himself.
Just after Phoebe's smart spell ran out, Malcolm blinked back into the manor and opened the door for Jane. Before Phoebe could react, Jane set fire to the painting, hoping to burn Prue and Piper alive. However, Phoebe read a copy of the X-ray from inside the painting and sucked all three of them into the burning castle. She was then frozen by Piper and soon died in the painting after the Charmed Ones escaped.
Powers and Abilities
- Basic Powers
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate other beings or object through the use of a scrying crystal, a map, and sometimes other tools.
- Active Powers
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and control fire with one's mind.
- Other Powers
- Power Absorption: The ability to steal the powers of other magical beings through an athame.
- Immortality: The ability to have an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
Notes and Trivia
- Jane's power of Pyrokinesis was similar to that possessed by Serena Fredrick and later Jeremy Burns—who killed Serena to absorb her power. Like Jeremy, she could create flames from her fingertips, but unlike him, she required a blow on the finger tips to activate the power.
Jane Franklin appeared in a total of 1 episode throughout the course of the series.
|Charmed, Season 2|
|#01||"Witch Trial"||#09||"Ms. Hellfire"||#17||"How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans"|
|#02||"Morality Bites"||#10||"Heartbreak City"||#18||"Chick Flick"|
|#03||"The Painted World"||#11||"Reckless Abandon"||#19||"Ex Libris"|
|#04||"The Devil's Music"||#12||"Awakened"||#20||"Astral Monkey"|
|#05||"She's a Man, Baby, a Man!"||#13||"Animal Pragmatism"||#21||"Apocalypse, Not"|
|#06||"That Old Black Magic"||#14||"Pardon My Past"||#22||"Be Careful What You Witch For"|
|#07||"They're Everywhere"||#15||"Give Me a Sign"|
|#08||"P3 H2O"||#16||"Murphy's Luck"|