The Golden Belt of Gaea was the goddesses' gift to Hippolyta which endows the woman wearing it with transcendent powers. It cannot be used by evil, though the belt holds enormous powers that seduces the wearer before it drives her insane and eventually kills her. It is even more powerful than the Crystal of Kasimar.
The belt once belonged to Hippolyta, a Greek queen who tried to use the belt to create harmony between the sexes. It backfired and she retreated to an island of women and killed any man that entered. Eventually she was killed by Hercules. After her death, the belt found its way to other women over the course of history, who all tried to destroy the male of the species under influence of the belt.
Billie Jenkins ended up putting it on and was starting to be driven insane by it. She was then used by the demonic sorceress Zira who wanted to use her to eliminate all men, starting with her rival Tai. After Leo found a spell to free someone of the Belt in a history book at Magic School, Paige used it to free Billie. The Belt was then orbed onto Zira and since it destroys anything evil that puts it on, it exploded, destroying Zira.
Magic School Book
The Golden Belt of Gaea
- The Goddesses' gift to Hippolyta…
- endows women wearing it with
- transcendent powers…
To Release the Golden Belt of Gaea
- For all the world to work as one,
- In harmony it must be undone.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Augmentation: The ability to enhance the capabilities of an individual. The belt enhances both the physical and the magical abilities of whomever wears it.
- Projection: The ability to manipulate reality. It is channeled through imagination, high levels of emotions, and the will to let things happen. It is also possible that the Belt enhanced Billie's own power of projection into that level.
- Other Powers
- Regeneration: The ability instantly heal after being injured.
- Sensing: The ability to sense the location of other beings. Billie could sense when women nearby were in danger and needed her help. In addition, the belt itself can sense whether those who wear it are good or evil, and, if they are evil, it destroys them.