- "I'm a lover, not a fighter."
- —Phoebe, as the Goddess of Love[src]
The Goddess of Love was originally a mortal woman, Aphrodite, from Ancient Greece.
In 2003, to stop the unleashed Titans, Leo was forced to transform the Charmed Ones into Greek Goddesses: Phoebe was transformed into the Goddess of Love, while Paige became the Goddess of War, and Piper the Goddess of Earth.
Leo later explained he had transformed Phoebe into the Goddess of Love as she managed to rebound from her relationship with Cole Turner, which had been—in his own words—"the darkest love that ever existed". Hence, he figured that if she could survive that, she would not become overwhelmed by her new powers.
However, as the Goddess of Love, Phoebe's personality also became somewhat airy, pacifistic, and much more flirtatious towards men (she even flirted with Chris and an Elder). In fact, through her newly-acquired divine powers, Phoebe briefly had several men worshipping her in a love cult after they bid on her at an auction The Bay Mirror held, but Piper quickly snapped her back to her senses.
After the Titans were vanquished, Phoebe gave up being the Goddess of Love, and later learned that, through the donations of those who were affected by her enchantment, she had raised $18,000 for the Bay Mirror Children's Foundation.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Luring: The ability to sexually lure others, making them slavishly devoted and willing to do anything to please one. As the Goddess of Love, Phoebe could make all the men in a room desire her through her mere presence, essentially turning them into her willing slaves.
- Whirling: As the Goddess of Love, Phoebe had the ability of teleportation, which manifested as a small, gentle, and soft pink-coloured whirlwind accompanied by an expanding love heart.
- Force Field: The ability to create protective force fields to shield one from physical and magical attacks—when in unity with her sister Goddesses, Phoebe could create force fields that could block even the Titans' attacks.
- Empathy: The ability to feel, sense, and understand other people's feelings, emotions, and desires as if they were one's own—as the Goddess of Love, Phoebe was able to sense a blockage in Piper's spiritual energy when the latter became increasingly upset with Leo's absence.
- Other Powers
- Immortality: The ability to possess an infinite lifespan and an arrested aging process.
Notes and Trivia
- As the Goddess of Love, Phoebe was the only sister to not possess a potentially offensive power as a Goddess. Additionally, she possessed the least amount of powers.
- Unlike Piper and Paige, Phoebe's hair colour was the only one to change colour and lengthen when they were transformed into Goddesses.
- Phoebe's transformation into the Goddess of Love also foreshadowed her power development of empathy in season 6.