Not particularly common, they can be good or evil. Because of their advanced power, they are tracked by Demonic Bounty Hunters, to be given to and trained by a demon called Ludlow, who would train them to become bodyguards to the Source of All Evil.
Book of Shadows
- The Firestarter
- An extremely rare
- and coveted magical
- creature, usually a mortal. The power
- is linked to their emotions. It first manifests
- in adolescence with the onset of puberty.
- If subjugated while still impressionable, they
- can be persuaded to use their powers for evil.
- Because of this, they are often trained to be
- bodyguards of the Source.
Powers and Abilities
- Active Powers
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate fire.
Notes and Trivia
- For most of the series, it was believed that Tyler Michaels was a Firestarter, though it is revealed in season 10 that he is an Archai.
- Tyler and Christy both initially triggered their power in similar ways. When they got a headache, they would grab their temples and a fire would erupt. This is likely how Piper was able to tell Christy was a firestarter in "The Last Temptation of Christy".
- In the non-canon novel The Brewing Storm, a firestarter plays an essential role on the Night of Aeolus. Every century, when nature falls out of harmony, a firestarter is responsible to gather three other Elementals in the Circle of Gaea and join their powers to restore order of nature by performing the Ritual of the Guardians. In the novel, there was a firestarter named Christopher Young. He died before accomplishing his task and Tyler Michaels became his substitute.
- The reveal that Tyler is actually an Archai in the comics makes the novel non-canon.