Demonic Reproduction is the method through which breeds of demons reproduce. Known methods of reproduction are giving birth, laying eggs, genesis, and through infecting others.
Several breeds of demons are known to reproduce through normal pregnancy.
When a demonic hybrid is born, they possess a human half and a soul, meaning that they are not inherently evil. The half-demon Belthazor had a human side, which allowed him to fall in love with Phoebe Halliwell. After Cole became the Source of All Evil, he and Phoebe conceived a son that could have a powerful force of good or evil, though the Seer ensured that the child would be evil through her manipulations.
Demonic Conversion is the process to transform another being into a demon through corruption by magical means to which their souls darken, usually done through murdering innocents. Mortals are usually the target for both the corruption and the sacrifice.
Several breeds of demons can increase their numbers by infecting beings of other species and transforming them into one of their own.
|Image||Name||Method of Reproduction||Notable Victims|
|Wendigos||Scratching a living victim.||Piper Halliwell|
|Vampires||Biting a living victim draining their blood.||Paige Matthews|
|Spider demon||Scratching a victim.||Chris Halliwell|
|Furies||Having a good witch with unexpressed fury inhale their smoke.||Piper Halliwell|
|Banshees||Screaming at a good witch in great pain.||Phoebe Halliwell|
Notes and Trivia
- Corruption of the soul seems to be an effective method in turning mortals into demons, as the Siren was consumed by rage when she was burned to death, and the Source's henchmen mentioned potential demons.
- "We All Scream for Ice Cream"
- As mentioned in "Little Monsters"
- As seen in "Sleuthing with the Enemy"
- "As seen at the end of Season 4"
- Mentioned in "Extreme Makeover: World Edition" and "Carpe Demon"
- Season 5 episode, "Siren Song"
- Season 4 episode, "Long Live the Queen"
- Season 3 episode, "Wrestling with Demons"