Debbi was born on 20 September 1956 in Dunn, North Carolina, USA. She was married four times and her current marriage is with Jeffrey Winston (June - present). Her parents are Lora Morgan and George Morgan Jr (Her father died of leukemia in 1975). She has one sister named Terry Morgan-Grant and her cousin Kendra Boleware-Skinner was only 28 years old when she died from cancer. She met her current husband, photographer Donn Thompson, when she was posing for the June 1995 cover of Black Elegance.
- Charmed (2002-2003)
- Woman Thou Art Loosed (2004)
- Coach Carter (2005)
- Back in the Day (2005)
- Close to Home (2006)
- Color of the Cross (2006)
- Relative Strangers (2006)
- The Bold and the Beautiful (2006-2007)
- The Black Man's Guide to Understanding Black Women (2008)
- All My Children (1982-2010,2013-)
- The Young and the Restless (2011-2012)
- Eve's Bayou (1997)
- Love and Basketball (2000)
- Loving (1983-1995)
- Morgan had revealed that her Jamaican accent on Charmed was not real.