|For a complete plot of A Call to Arms, go here.|
|To read the full script of A Call to Arms, go here.|
The exotic powers of Hindu's Ultimate Lovers, Shakti & Shiva, overtake Piper and Leo, Phoebe and Paige must stop them from consummating their love or the universe faces destruction.
- Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
- Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
- Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell and Shakti
- Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt and Shiva
- Dorian Gregory as Darryl Morris
- Nick Lachey as Leslie St. Claire
- Billy Drago as Barbas
- Rebecca Balding as Elise Rothman
- Jenya Lano as Inspector Sheridan
- James Avery as Zola
- Hawthorne James as Demonic Healer
- Betsy Randle as Mrs. Winterbourne
- Brandscombe Richmond as Fierce Demon
- Eddie Matos as Paramedic Garcia
- Amanda Sickler as Sophie
- Kiran Rao as Hindu Priest
- Reggie Rolle as Attendant
- Todd Tucker as Creature Head Demon
- Unknown Actress as Christy Peters
- Unknown Actor as Jeevan Anand
- Jason & Kristopher Simmons as Wyatt Halliwell
- Unknown Actor as Chris Halliwell
Book of Shadows
- Shakti, the Hindu Goddess
- of Creation and Shiva,
- the God of Destruction
- are commonly invoked at
- weddings because they're
- reconsidered to be the
- Ultimate Lovers.
- Shakti, also called The
- Ultimate Mother, and
- Shiva, together created All
- Things, and if they
- consummate their love
- again, All Things will be
- obliterated and the
- Universe will be reborn...
Magic School Books
Paige found this spell to remove Gods from mortals in a Magic School book. She cast it, and Shakti and Shiva were removed from Piper and Leo's bodies.
- We call upon the mortal ways,
- And Gods who guide but may not stay.
- We seek those of divinity,
- To separate from and set them free.
- Telekinetic Orbing: Used by Paige to orb Chris's diaper into the trash can.
- Orbing: Type of Teleportation used by Leo, Zola and Paige.
- Astral Projection: Used by Barbas to manipulate Leo.
- Suggestion: Used by Barbas to prey on Leo's fears.
- Flaming: Type of Teleportation used by Barbas.
- Electrokinesis: Used by Leo to attack and later on kill Zola. Piper (as Shakti) used it to vanquish some of Barbas' minions and then to attack Barbas.
- Illusion Casting: Used by an Unseen Force to make Leo and Barbas see the Creature Head.
- Sensing: Used by Wyatt to sense Leo in the attic.
- Energy Balls: Used by Barbas to vanquish the Demonic Healer. His minions attacked Piper with Energy Balls as well.
- Lightning Teleportation: Type of Teleportation used by Leo (as Shiva).
- Cloaking: Used by the unseen force to cloak Barbas' lair.
- Shimmering: Type of Teleportation used by Barbas' minions.
- Fireballs: Used by Barbas' minions to attack Piper.
- Molecular Combustion: Used by Piper to blow up Barbas' minions and deviate attacks.
- Telekinesis: Used by Leo (as Shiva) to fling Inspector Sheridan across a room with high force.
- Fear Projection: Used by Barbas to read Phoebe and Paige's fears.
Notes and Trivia
- This is the first one hour season premiere after three years of the two hour format.
- Every cast member in the opening credits gets a new title clip. Also in this season, no new characters were introduced into the opening credits.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Nick Lachey as Leslie St. Claire.
- This is the second time Piper has been turned into a Goddess. The first time was in "Oh My Goddess! Part 1". She has also been a Demi-Goddess in "Valhalley of the Dolls".
- This is the fourth and final time Barbas has been vanquished and therefore is the final appearance of actor Billy Drago as Barbas.
- Beginning with season 7, the Charmed set moved from its previously smaller Canoga Park, California studio lot to the more grand scale Paramount Studios lot.
- The director of this episode James L. Conway and Rebecca Balding (Elise) are married in real life.
- The opening credits song is different in the Netflix episode for Latin America.
- The DVD cover for season 7 reuses the promotional photo of Alyssa Milano from this episode except, her jacket was changed to black instead of lime green.
- The title is a reference to a quote used when soldiers are called to fight for their country. This could also be a reference to a book by Thomas K. Martin called "A Call to Arms" and it refers to the fact that Piper grew multiple arms.
- Paige mentions "The Big Bang Theory" (an event which is believed to have led to the formation of the universe). Kaley Cuoco, who portrays Billie Jenkins in Charmed's eighth season, portrays a main character in a sitcom of the same name.
- Leslie and Phoebe have a conversation about Dr. Phil in this episode. Dr. Phil McGraw is a TV personality who has a self-help talk show, as well as several successful books, focusing on self-confidence and positive self-image.
- In some parts, you can see that the extra hands were digitally added.
- Just after Paige casts the spell to rid Piper and Leo of the Gods inside them, the tip of the boom mike is just in shot above Paige's head.
- At the beginning of the show when Piper comes into the kitchen to help Paige, she is wearing slippers. In the next shot, when she is by Wyatt's chair, she is wearing flip flops.
- Right after they return from the wedding, Elise calls and we see Piper answering the phone and extending her arm with the phone towards Phoebe but in the next panel (with Piper) the phone is still next to her ear and she holds her arm out once again.
- When Leo orbs onto the Golden Gate Bridge right after Barbas flames out, his left arm partly disappears due to bad green screening.
- When Piper, Phoebe and Paige are talking about the wedding early in the episode, it is obvious that Paige is holding a doll.
- When Paige telekinetically orbs a dirty diaper into a trash can, the lid opens without the orbing effect.
- Barbas's hands glows when using Fear Projection in this episode, something which never occurred in previous episodes.
- French: Ensorcelés (Enchanted)
- Italian: La forza dell'amore (The Power of Love)
- Czech: Volání do zbraně (A Call to Arms)
- Slovak: Výzva do boja (A Call to Arms)
- Serbian: Poziv na oružje
- Spanish (Spain): Una llamada a las armas (A Call to the Arms [female])
- Spanish (Latin America): Un Llamado a las Armas (A Call to the Arms [male])
- Serbian: Poziv rukama
- German: Blinder Zorn (Blind Rage)
- Hungarian: Ölelő karok (Huging Arms)
It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World, Part 2
The Bare Witch Project
| Episodes: Season 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8|
Comics: Season 9 - 10